2 Timothy 3:1-5 (NLT):
1. But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient
to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3. without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
4. treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—
5. having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
May our wonderful God be praised and may you and I continue to see blessings through our circumstances. May we run to His voice as we are surrounded by so many distractions. Let us run to Him for our peace and our safe place.
As you reflect on this section of scripture:
Verse 1 – tells us there will be terrible days in the last days. (In another translation you find the word “perilous” times which means dangerous and difficult.) Then it goes on to describe how people will become.
Verses 2-5 – My reflection on this scripture helps me grasp the truth that people are already like this all around me. I see it close to me, in my kids, and I see it far from me as I read the news.
It’s happening church. It does become difficult because we are made to fellowship and gather together. But when people turn into… (verse 3) – without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good…
It will become lonely and hard to understand that some who are close to us, some who we love dearly will turn their backs on God and our relationship.
Recall what I said on Sunday…
Jesus + You is the safest place on earth. At the end, that is all we will need.
Keep praying, keep rejoicing, keep living Godly lives. In Jesus’ name we will hunger after good.
Follow New Season Church on Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and download our church app.